Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dear Mom...



Here is a transcript of a letter Aiden slipped under my bedroom door.

Dear Mom,
teacup yorkies are adorible. u cant be alirjick to them. they r small as a teacup. I know you hate the poo but we could get a dirt pile and put a fence around it. so it would go in the dirt pile and no were else. we would put a chelter/cenel out there if it rains. I will pay. I will take care of it.

PLEASE


Dear Aiden,
Teacup Yorkies are adorible, in their own little way. I suppose. But if anyone can be alirjick to them, it would be you. I'm sorry to point this out, Sweetie, but they are not really as small as a teacup. And if they were, I'm pretty sure that would creep me out. If you'll notice, that Yorkie is just spilling right over the top of that teacup. I think the description is false advertising, if you ask me.

Now, can you explain how if we were to build a fence around the dirt pile that he will poo in, then how will he get in it to use it? Hmm. A riddle wrapped up in an enigma.

And you're right. Dad is capable of building one wicked chelter/cenel out there, but seeing as we still don't have all the knobs on our kitchen cabinets three years after building, I think Dad's efforts would be better applied elsewhere.

Alas, I know you offered to pay for it, but I did my homework, and it's pretty much college or a yorkie. I know that's an easy choice for you, seeing as you're only 9, but I really really need you to go to college. Afterall, who will pay for my nursing home when I'm a lonely old widow lady and all I have to keep me company is an adorable little teacup yorkie?

P.S. I admire your persistence.

P.P.S. Spelling homework right after dinner.

8 comments:

shannon p. said...

Nice try Aiden, someday, someday...! How did she like your response? (I'm guessing she didn't love it as much as I did!)

gillman said...

LOL!! oh i love kids, they are just too precious! sometimes you jsut hate having to say no to them, but then you do it anyways!!! :0)
Meg

Unknown said...

As always... you made me laugh!

Noelle said...

My kids beg for a dog 24/7! I completely understand how you feel. I'm afraid we might give in one day. Maybe for a teacup yorkie....
Great reading as always! Hope to see you soon!

Prestwich Family said...

That is so funny! Poor thing! Didn't you feel for her for just a little bit? I wish there was some way to teach kids the concept of "the novelty wares off". Not sure if that is the right "ware". Maybe I need to do my spelling homework as well!

heidi said...

I love that she wrote you a note. :) and that you wrote her back! :) I love reading your posts!

Val said...

mom i really want a dog and i don't have spelling homework for the rest of the year


love,
aiden

Nik said...

I have no idea why I was reading this today, but OH how it makes me laugh. I'm with Aiden on this one, those Yorkies are SWEET! Even if they ARE larger than a tea cup!
Who is creeped out by a precious puppy?!