Saturday, April 18, 2009

IM2DUM2BAMOM





My daughter Devin is my homebody. My "can't be bothered with this silly social stuff" kid. Don't get me wrong. She has friends. She hangs out with friends. But she never initiates it. Ever. If no one calls her to hang, she is more than content to stay at home, playing with siblings, drawing, making cookies, doesn't really matter. I am always trying to encourage her to get out there more and spend a little more time with friends. Call somebody up. She will generally have none of that. Just can't be bothered, that one.

I was pretty sure my "encouraging" had fallen on deaf ears. Until last night. At about 10 pm she closed her cell phone and announced, "Two hours! I just texted Ashley for two hours!"

"Wow", I replied, slightly horrified at the statement. "Is that a good thing?"

"Well, Mom, you're the one who's always saying I need to work on my social skills!"


Yeah, Dev. That's what I meant.

2 comments:

gillman said...

k, i am so relieved because celine is the EXACT same way and i have been wondering if she is normal. good to know she is!! :0) i am the mean mom that wants her to go out and play with her friends instead of read!!LOL :0) teenagers and texting ARG that is a whole other post for me!!!!
Meg :0)

Prestwich Family said...

So, why don't we give Ryann a phone? Oh, yeah, you just reminded me!!