Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Break. Whatever.


April 16th. Spring break. This is what we woke up to this morning. Yay. I'm breaking out the sunscreen as we speak.

Last year on this day it was 70 degrees! Ok, so last spring break we didn't do anything all that exciting, but we COULD have! Not this year. Except maybe sledding. Been there. Done that.

In some ways, this was actually the worst we've been hit all year, because the leaves have budded and the blossoms have bloomed, so the snow had a lot more surface area to sit on. Hence, we lost some good limbs off several brave and valiant trees. It's okay, trees. You put up a good fight. We don't blame you. Unfortunately, we found a tree Matt had just planted two days before was laying completely on it's side, gasping for breath. Please accept my apologies for not getting a photo of that.

Despite the slightly depressing aspect of it being SPRING BREAK and all, it was quite beautiful and sparkly this morning. And cold. Oh, and did I mention it's SPRING BREAK?!

Here's a couple of before's and after's, lest you think I exaggerate. (Which you never ever in a million, trillion years, would!)


I'm not taking any chances. Next spring break, we're heading to Palm Beach. Or at least St. George.

Or not.

4 comments:

gillman said...

ok, those pictures just depress me. really they do. i am past finding any beauty in snow anymore!!!!
Meg

heidi said...

I'm with Meg! But Thomas and Dalton were so excited about it that they built a snowman!

shannon p. said...

Yeah, we have not been loving spring break here either - so depressing to have the snow when it is suppose to be SPRING!!!

Amy said...

Actually, despite the trauma to the trees and blossoms, and all the cold, when I drove to aerobics that spring break morning, the snow on all the trees took my breath away. It was like a different world! It was incredibly beautiful! I'm glad you got some good pictures. Sorry to hear about your tree though.