Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Baseball, Birthdays and Blessings

I really hate that my blog has become just a place to post quick updates about our family. I love to write, but since starting my job, my brain is mush by 7pm. So's my body. My body's been mushy much longer than I've had my job. But I'm going to blame the job anyway.

So summer has officially begun. Well, not officially, since summer doesn't officially start until June 21, but you catch my drift. School's out. Summer begins. Officially.

We bought the kids a summer pass to our new city pool. They are able to get themselves there on their scooters or by walking, so I'm hoping it will keep them entertained. Jordan is working there as a lifeguard and a swim instructor. We've had pretty stinky weather since school got out, but the kids have all managed to get tan anyway. Wish I could do that!

Brody has begun coach pitch baseball. Matt's still sure Brody's left-handed pitching is going to pay off! If we could just get his wind up to last a little less than 4 full seconds.We celebrated Matt's 44th birthday as school was ending. Jordan baked him a cake and was so mad that her 77 cent trick candles were a bust. Good effort, Jo! And thanks for baking Dad that awesome cake!
He huffed and he puffed and he then he coughed and he sputtered.


Speaking of getting old, this is how the over 40 crowd spends their Saturday nights,now--laying around on the shiatsu massager and hanging upside down for a little spine traction. That's my idea of a good time!
I'm a little bummed that we're grounded here again for another summer because of our jobs. But then I remember that we have jobs. Then I remember to count my blessings, for they are bountiful. And that's official.

1 comment:

Prestwich Family said...

Man, I suck at giving comments these days as well as updating my own blog. This is late, but I hope matt had a great birthday! We can't wait to see you guys!